The Mail You Send

This list is for the Family & Friends of Peace Corps
Volunteers about to depart for Ukraine. Peace Corps sent it to me, and now I'm sending it along to you!

Now, hopefully you’ve heard this before, but: We really, really want you to write us! Peace Corps is one of the hardest, loneliest things we’ve ever done, and we need to know you’re thinking about us. Specifically, we need physical evidence. E-mail is fine, but a lot of us don’t have access. And nothing, absolutely nothing, compares to a letter that we can hold in our hands. Those of us who are finishing our service and are leaving Ukraine, know that this is absolutely the best thing you can do to support your Volunteer.

We are not too proud. We will beg. (And, just in case your Volunteer actually is too proud, we’ll do it for him. Put this up on the fridge to remind you.) Please, please, please…write us! We need you!

Now, some of you might want to send us something more than a letter. To help you, we asked ourselves a few questions: What was the best thing I got? What made me feel loved? What do I wish someone had sent me? This list is the result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home